Microsoft Translator on Azure customer question forum

Beginning in the second half of October 2016 (November 2016 for Microsoft enterprise agreement volume licensing customers), Microsoft Translator will be available for purchase through Azure.

You can find information such as how to sign up for the service and how to change your product’s code at aka.ms/TranslatorAzureMigration.

If you have additional questions, please add them below.

Customer Questions:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Free Trial Expired. How do I keep the free 2M char service going?

I have read this thread repeatedly:
      https://translatorbusiness.uservoice.com/forums/553099-microsoft-translator-on-azure-customer-question-fo/suggestions/16813834-how-will-free-subscription-tier-work-after-azure-f

and I have searched high and low on your site and everywhere else I can think of (google, stackexchange) but I keep going round and round in circles and I'm starting to feel more than a little stupid.

I signed up for the free trial period which has now expired. How do I keep the free 2m character service going?

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Unable to use translator since free trial expired

I asked about this last week (https://translatorbusiness.uservoice.com/forums/553099-microsoft-translator-on-azure-customer-question-fo/suggestions/18587362-free-trial-expired-how-do-i-keep-the-free-2m-char) and you answered my question and marked it as resolved. But, your answer did not help.

I have been to the page that you suggested (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/getstarted.aspx) and attempted to follow the seemingly very simple instructions. But when I go to add a new Cognitive Services subscription, the form where I fill in the account name, API type, Pricing Tier and so on has a field named Subscription where the only available value is "Free Trial" but this is disabled. Screen shot: https://snag.gy/6r35oj.jpg

I am obviously missing something fundamental here,…

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Provide Sample Java Program to connect Microsoft Azure Text Translation API and get translated text back.

Please, provide the sample java program (e.g. like hello world program) to connect with micro-soft azure text translator and get back my translated text. I have verified in text translator api documentation available in http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html but haven't find any information with respective to Java language.

Early help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Provide sample java program to connect Microsoft Azure Text Translation API by using TranslateArray method and get translated array back,

Provide sample java program to connect Microsoft Azure Text Translation API by using TranslateArray method and get translated array back.

Early response appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Which protocols are supported by Microsoft Azure Text Translation API with respective to documentation & provided sample examples http.svc will be supported.

is newly provided API (i.e. Microsoft Azure Text Translation API) will support Ajax.svc protocol for translation ?

if yes, please provide sample java code to translate array of strings by using TranslateArray() method of Microsoft Azure Text Translation API.

if not, please provide sample java code by using http.svc protocol to translate…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • What do I enter the GetLanguageNames langunageCode?

http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html
              What do I enter the GetLanguageNames langunageCode?
              Try pattern, such as the following are both failing.
              ①en
              ②"en"
              ③en,de,ja
              ④"en","de","ja"
              ⑤{en,de,ja}
              ⑥{"en","de","ja"}
              ⑦<ArrayOfstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays&quot; xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
              <string>af</string>
              </ArrayOfstring>

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can detailed consumption be found on Azure Portal?

The "get a report of your consumption" KB entry leads to special page, but is there something similar from the Azure Portal?

In Azure portal there is an "Activity log" for the "Cognitive Services" account, but it contains only "ListKeys" operations (a lot of them), but no translator activity.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
                  When you are subscribed to the Microsoft Translator Text or Translator Speech API on Azure, you can get a day-by-day report of your consumption. There is a 24-hour delay between the actual consumption and when it is displayed in the report.
                  To view the report:
                  1) Visit https://account.windowsazure.com/Subscriptions
                  2) Choose the name of your Azure subscription
                  3) Choose "Download usage details"
                  4) Choose “Download usage”

You will receive a CSV file containing your daily consumption, one line per day per service.
                  To see the Microsoft Translator API consumption, filter by Meter Category = Cognitive Services.
                  You can also get a graph for the current billing period, in the Overview section.

Best regards,
                  Gwenda
                  Microsoft Translator Team

• After retirement of MS Datamarket

I have already subscribed a translation plan on Azure. I registered microsoft translator API as an application using MS datamarket, using the issued ID and Client Secret to authorize a translocation application Trados, which cannot be authorized using the Key of Azure. If the website Datamarket retired in April, what happen to the Client id and the Client secret?? Can I keep using it? Thank you.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your message. Trados will have to update their software so that you can use the Azure key. Most likely they have already done so. Once Datamarket retires you will not be able to use the Client ID and Secret anymore.
                    Regards,
                    Gwenda

• Microsoft Translator for MemoQ

I registered microsoft translator API as an application using MS datamarket, using the issued ID and Client Secret to authorize a translocation application MemoQ, which cannot be authorized using the Key of Azure. If the website Datamarket retired in April, what happen to the Client id and the Client secret?

Thank you.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Once Datamarket retires you will not be able to use the Client ID and Secret anymore. MemoQ will have to update their software so that you can use the Azure key. Most likely they have already done so.

Thanks,
                      Gwenda

• Java code to get Access Token

Here is code from Github for acquiring an Access Token for DataMarket. I am trying to modify it to get the Access Token from Azure.
                      Note that I changed the dataMarket URL to: "https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken". But I do not know how to incorporate "Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key" which is apparently needed to get the token in Azure.

Any help would be appreciated.

public static AdmAccessToken getAccessToken(String clientId, String clientSecret)
                      {
                      AdmAccessToken accessToken = null;
                      try
                      {
                      String charset = StandardCharsets.UTF_8.name();
                      // String dataMarketUrl = "https://datamarket.accesscontrol.windows.net/v2/OAuth2-13";
                      String dataMarketUrl = "https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken";
                      String params = "grant_type=client_credentials&scope=http://api.microsofttranslator.com&quot;
                      + "&client_id=" +…

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • TranslateArray API Not Working

I am trying out the Translate APIs from the following web-site:

http://docs.microsofttranslator.com/text-translate.html

The translate works fine, but for TranslateArray, I get no response from server. Is there an issue with this service? I am getting the token from Azure.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Getting error 401 when try get Access Token.

Following everywhere suggested tech documentation about new Auth API, I am receiving 401 as an error always.
                          In our company Azure portal I found Subscription ID (not as suggested "Use the subscription key referenced in step 12 (by the way you can found there only Key1 and Key2 - whatever is this!)")
                          I am using API endpoint: https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken
                          And I am sending POST to
                          https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0/issueToken
                          with parameter Subscription-Key=<from_Azure_Portal>

What I am missing? The replacement of new authentication should be very easy, but with provided information how exactly to migrate, I am still lack of luck

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Subscription Statistic API method?

We have integrated Microsoft Text Translate API in our applications. Do you have API method to get subscription statistics, like:
                            - what is current/period usage of the service - daily and summary;
                            - what are remaining characters to the end of period of subscription (month);
                            - any information about our subscription to Microsoft Text Translate Service.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Will the API URL remain the same? https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/

I have update the token authentication code to use the Azure portal. The Azure Portal displays the service endpoint as https://api.cognitive.microsoft.com/sts/v1.0, but from the C# example, is appears as if the API URL is remaining the same. Is that the case?

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Will our Azure Marketplace subscription keep renewing up to April 30, 2017?

We just want to double check that our current Azure Marketplace subscription will still be usable up to April 30, 2017.

Whenever we are billed by Microsoft Translator, we receive an e-mail notice stating the following:

"We're sending you this message to confirm that your Microsoft Translator - Microsoft Translator - Text Translation subscription ended on Sunday, November 27, 2016.
                                If your subscription got cancelled, it may have been due to your subscription being enrolled for Auto-refill. In Auto-refill, your old subscription gets cancelled and the new subscription gets started, so you would expect to get both the cancellation and…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved via email with this message: Yes, the monthly subscription you are in as of Jan. 1, 2017 will be the subscription volume you stay in until you manually cancel it or until it is automatically cancelled on April 30, 2017. Your access to your account in DataMarket will be limited, which means you will Not be able to change your monthly volume level by increasing it or decreasing it.

The Auto-refill feature will still be available to you through your My Data page.

Please let us know if you have additional questions, thank you

• Get encoded data response from microsoft translator

I am working with Mircosoft translator API. When i make request translate into vietnamese with this text : "J -OCR 光学式 文字認識".
                                  + If i run on browser, the response text is successful.
                                  + But when i run it on my app, the response text is : "J-OCR % 0A % E5% 85% 89% E5% QUẢNG CÁO % A6% E5% BC % 8F % 0A % E6% 96% 87% E5% QUẢNG CÁO % 97% E8% AA %8 D % E8% QUẢNG CÁO % 98% 0A".

How can i read this response text ? my app use appcelerator and javascript to…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Microsoft Translator on Azure

At your site one can read that the free subscription tier continues to be offered at AZURE. Is this true or will the free subscription be valid only for a month?

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Very strange problem with Microsoft Translator making it unusable

I am accessing Microsoft Translator Voice to get Dutch audio. Most of the time it works fine. Lately, a new and weird problem has started.

It crashes on some proper names. Here are two examples:

"Rotta"

That is the name of an early Dutch settlement that gives its name to Rotterdam. If I try to get the audio for a sentence or a paragraph containing Rotta, MT Voice crashes with the following error code:

"java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/http.svc/Speak?appId=Bearer+http ... " plus three more lines which contains my ID and access code, etc.

Even on…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Sample for ASP.NET web application missing

Hello everyone,
                                        I have been using bing translator api in my web application (ASP.NET) since long before. Just a week before, suddenly my application got hanged. I noticed that they are moving it to Azure with new token system. So I followed all links and guides to create a new account with new keys that are used for token system. I was able to set up my account and the account is working.

However, when it comes to the code sample, it is a week now that I am struggling to get it working for ASP.Net web application. I downloaded…

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • 1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Translator on Azure customer question forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base